about Vacation Angel
BRINGING you the worlds Waterfront in 360
Our Mission is to bring the worlds best waterfront destinations to the fingertips of world travelers.
When booking accommodations on traditional sites you’re rarely provided equal information on the surrounding area as you are on the rental itself. If you’re not already familiar with the area you usually have no idea what kind of area you’ll be staying, where to go for food, supplies or entertainment. We change that!
We give you a dynamic and on-demand experience showcasing not only great properties but their surrounding areas in our 360 Virtual Tours. You’ll have a more thorough understanding of where you’ll be staying because we take the guesswork out of the equation. With Vacation Angel you’ll feel safe and comfortable the moment you arrive.
Let us prove it to you. Search around our Virtual Tours and discover a new destination for your next trip. If you’re still not convinced click the button below for a comparison chart outlining why we’re the best Vacation Rental site in the world.
Follow us on social or join our mailing list for updates on our latest destinations added and cool new property listings.
Who Is Vacation Angel?
Get to know us
Vacation Angel is developed and run by John Paul Pfeiffer. A 20 year veteran of Vacation Rental business who was looking for something better.
Hello! My name is John Paul Pfeiffer and I have been hosting Vacation Rentals for over 20 years. My Journey in this business began in 2001 when I took over the property that I now own called Grant Island. Since then I’ve managed over 40 properties throughout Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Upstate NY, and most recently a Beach House in Nicaragua. I started marketing my properties well before vacation rental websites were developed. Since then I have utilized just about every single marketing method and tool available. I used Airbnb, VRBO, Booking.com, and many sites that have since come and gone. As a host on all these sites, I would always find myself wanting something a little bit better. I’d make suggestions to sites on how I felt they could improve customer experience and they would fall on deaf ears.
In my opinion, Airbnb had been the closest thing to a perfect platform. But then one day in 2017 they removed over 20 of my listings in a single moment without offering me a reason why. They literally would not answer or return any of my calls. I was gutted! They cut my legs out from underneath me. Since then I’ve seen hundreds of posts on forums of people who have the same problems.
Since then they have also raised their fees substantially and it sometimes takes months to get a resolution to an issue or answer to a problem. That’s if it ever gets resolved at all. A couple of months ago we had guests reserving for 10 people and then showing up with 27! Afterward, Airbnb would not allow us to make a claim on the deposit that we set for exactly an instance like this. I spent hours with Airbnb support providing them video proof of our claim, getting the runaround, and ultimately wasting my time. I’d had enough! It’s time for the Host to have a say in their business and their property. Not a booking platform that is going to ignore their clients!
In early 2020 I was living and working in New York City and had been running a model management and real estate company. We housed models working and traveling to New York for every major modeling agency. When Covid hit it destroyed the Industry as well as both of my businesses.
It was then that I decided to take my background in Property Management and Digital Marketing and make a better Vacation Rental site. Give the power back to the people, where it belongs. Something to give hosts and travelers alike a superior experience. Something without the big tech headaches like an algorithm that squeezes its users dry or failing customer service that passes you from one person to the next with no resolution in sight.
Since the end of 2020, I’ve spent a great deal of time photographing the entire Pacific Coastline of Nicaragua, the lakes of Brantingham NY, and of Forestport, NY, in anticipation of developing this site.
After almost a year in the works. Today, November 1st, 2021. I present to you Vacation Angel.
I decided to make this a Niche site for Waterfront properties only. One major factor in that decision was to focus on quality rather than quantity. With fewer users, we can focus on a high level of satisfaction for each and every property, owner, and guest.
I look forward to building and growing with property owners to help rent and sell their properties for many years to come and allowing the owners to be in charge of their business. I can give you my promise that I will do everything I can to give you the best experience possible and help you with your property ventures.
Should you ever have any suggestions or constructive feedback about our site or need support please reach out to me. Just CLICK HERE and we can chat right now.
Follow us on Social or join our mailing list to keep updated on our locations, properties, and fresh updates.
Speak to you soon!
John Paul Pfeiffer
A Vacation Angel Timeline
Welcome to our Journey
Bringing you the big picture
We are just getting going
“We're the Google Maps meets Airbnb, meets Lonely Planet of waterfront property.”
Have a property you'd like featured?
We’re excited to build out our platform one destination and one property at a time. This starts with you! Let us know if you have a property you’d like featured on our site. For a limited time we will be doing free Virtual Tours for properties that will be featured and integrated to our area Virtual Tours. Users can link our Virtual Tours to their own website and/or use them for their own advertising. Our booking engine also syncs calendars with all other vacation rentals sites so you’ll be able to list on multiple sites and never worry about double bookings. We only feature waterfront properties. Apply for your Free Virtual tour now!
Is there a destination you'd like added?
Have you visited a great location nobody knows about yet? Part of our objective is to bring people new and undiscovered secret get-a-ways. Click here and let us know.
We Are Here To Help You With Any Questions You May Have
Vacation Home Owners
Here is why!
1. We bring more traffic and awareness to your property. We’re the ‘Google Maps’ of Waterfront destinations. Our Virtual Tours attract attention from anyone looking to visit or know more about the waterfront destinations we feature.
2. We charge less than all other Vacation Listing sites! By far! Our commissions are only 3% from our hosting partners and 3% from the Guest. See our comparison chart to see what you’re paying now and how much you could be saving.
3. We provide you a free virtual tour! A $1500 plus value. We also don’t charge you hosting fees which you would need to pay each month to host a Virtual Tour independently. Not to mention costs for hiring a developer to set it up, the expense of the camera equipment, drone, software and many other little fees that come with creating a Virtual Tour.
4. Quick, no hassle Support! No waiting on hold for someone you cant understand who has no idea what’s going on who will only transfer you to another person who has no idea what’s going on. Get off the Big Tech Support hamster wheel. We are small and available for you. Just click CONTACT in our main menu and we’ll take care of the issue quick and easy.
5. We sync your availability calendar with all your other current listings or websites. List with as many sites are you like and well sync all your availability calendars so they all update automatically when you get a reservation or book dates out.
It’s quick and easy. If you have no technical knowledge we can set this up for you!
At no risk to you we’ll show you how we bring you more rentals and charge you less. Vacation angel will keep more money in your pocket.
And much more…
You can still list with your other sites. There is no need to remove or change them.
We simply offer another outlet for you to gain renters at absolutely no risk to you
1. We sync the availability calendars of other listing sites with ours. So if someone books your Airbnb listing the dates will automatically be blocked on your Vacation Angel calendar.
2. We take no fee unless we get you a rental so you have no out of pocket expense in listing with us.
3. Our fees are much less than other listing sites so if we do provide you renters you’ll make more money!
4. We provide you with a FREE VIRTUAL TOUR! That’s a $1500 plus value for free. VT’s are a superior way to market your property as opposed to randomly scattered images with no reference of space.
5. We offer personized service to you. Message or call us anytime and get a live person on the phone immediately.
To qualify for a free Virtual Tour:
1: Your property must be waterfront.
2. It must be in a location we currently have an Area Virtual Tour or will be doing one soon. To see this list you can go to our home page and search the dropdown menu or just message us and ask.
Click SCHEDULE TOUR in our menu to start setting it up.
For a Virtual tour we schedule a time with you to come to your property and photograph it with our equipment. When we are scheduled your property should be ready and in as perfect condition as possible so we can get you the strongest images of your property possible. It will usually take 1 – 3 hours for us to photograph your entire place.
We then do hours of professional post production on your images to make your place look better than ever! We then spend hours setting up your Virtual Tour Page and uploading it to go live. We will update you when its complete and give you all the needed details and links to promote your property better than ever before.
Click SCHEDULE TOUR in our menu to get started.
Short Answer. NO!
The work of having the virtual tour we will do completely free. We will do drone and 360 photography, do post production on all media and add it to our site for your listing on Vacation Angel.
A Virtual tour would normally cost between $1500 – $2500.
We will do the work completely free for you from start to finish and well send you your virtual tours links and share assets so that you can promote and advertise your property better than ever before.
When someone books your property on our site we only take a 3% commission from the property owner. The lowest commission on the market!
We give more and take less!
Yes. You can add your property by logging in and adding your listing to our site at anytime. Click the red SUBMIT PROPERTY button on the top left menu of this page or you can click here: ADD NEW LISTING
As soon as your listing is approved it will go live immediately and you can begin taking reservations.
Approval usually takes less than one hour.
If you already have a Virtual Tour of your property you can contact us directly and we will organize with you or your developer to receive your Virtual Tour assets.
We’ll then seamlessly integrate your properties Virtual Tour into our areas Virtual Tour. Guests will be able to easily book directly from within the Tour.
Payment is sent to you the day after a guest checks in.
When you set up your account on Vacation Angel you will enter your payment details which will be your PayPal account. The payments will be sent to your PayPal account.
We are working on additional methods in the near future such as Direct Bank Deposits and Venmo.
Vacation Home Renters
There are two ways.
1. You can go to the VACATION RENTAL SEARCH section of our home page and do a manual search. Enter the location and any requirements your have in the option containers to weed out the properties you’re looking for.
Press Search and properties fitting your requirements will populate to view.
2. You can visit a virtual tour of your selected waterfront location and find vacation rentals highlighted in the Virtual Tour and in the FLIGHTPLAN with Green Pin Markers. You can book directly from the Virtual Tour by clicking on the property.
Once in a Virtual Tour all the Vacation Rentals will be highlight with Green Spinners and their approximate nightly rates hovering above.
Click on the spinner to see the Property.
Keep searching till your find your spot!
Click Reserve and proceed to make a reservation.
If you have a love of travel and adventure with experience in photography and advanced computer skills hit us up. We may have some adventures for you.